Top 5 Expat Neighborhoods in MumbaiAugust 1, 2018
Mumbai is a big place and staying here at a proper location would make a lot of difference in your daily life. Most of the locals have managed to adjust to their current location and very few people actually move around, after settling at a place. However, since the way mumbai city works, an expat in the city might have a hard time adjusting to most of the locations in the city. There are places, which are more suited to expat, foreigners and tourists, to live in mumbai. We are listing below, the list of best places for foreigners to live, in mumbai. While compiling the list, we have considered the following attributes of the neighborhood: cost, connectivity, amenities, neighborhood type. The places listed below are among the poshest localities in the city and hence would be somewhat expensive.
1. Powai – HiranandaniHiranandani in powai tops our list because it has a mix of everything to offer. The locality has developed recently in the last decade or two, but has managed to make its entry into the most sought after locations in the city. It has very good connectivity to all parts of the city. The place is full of fortune 500 organizations and top food joints. Overall, the place has all the amenities required at a marginal premium. You can easily find the following offerings near the place : schools, colleges, organizations, hospitals, parks, private transport. Only small disadvantage would be connectivity to train stations, as the nearest train station in around 4kms from hiranandani powai. For Corporate expat, this should be number one choice, if you are fine with 30 mins one side travel for office commute.
2. Bandra(w)If you prefer to live amidst a high energy, creative, young and cheerful crowd, Bandra(w) would be a good choice. Bandra(w) inhabits a lot of celebrities, from bollowood, sports, tv, politics etc. Bandstand and Pali Hill are the best areas to live in bandra(w), if you are ready to pay high costs of the locality. The place has good connectivity to western mumbai. If you cannot find a suitable place in bandra(w), you can try exploring adjoining khar(w), as it also offers similar features and advantages. The Bandra(w) region offers following amenities: schools, colleges, film studios, beaches, clubs, celebrity offices and residence, parks, hospitals.
3. JuhuJuhu in Andheri, is another place filled with celebrities, who are mainly from Bollywood. It is very close to Juhu beach. This place offers very quick connectivity to the airport. The property prices are again amongst the highest here. This place is not in the town, but in the centre of the city. For people in creative field, this is a good and friendly option, along with Bandra(w). You can find the following amenities here : beaches, celebrity residences, very good connectivity, temples, schools, hospitals, local offices etc
4. ColabaColaba is situated in South Mumbai(or SoBo) near Churchgate. Though, a little far from the centre and distant from airport, this place offers a quietness from the hustle and bustle of the city. Colaba houses the headquarters of some of the largest corporations in the world. If you are working as a CXO of a large conglomerate, this place would help you meet a lot of people in similar field. This place offers : good restaurants and hotels, peaceful living, beach, schools, sporting amenities, prime corporate houses, govt offices.
5. Malabar HillMalabar Hill is the place for vips in the city. The place demands the highest property rent in the city and perhaps the country. Most of the top businessmen, politicians and some celebrities, call malabar hill and its nearby localities their home. The place is very exclusive and is situated at some height. If you are a vip and want to live in a more secure environment, this might be a good option. It has descent connectivity to other areas, and offers amenities in field of school education, hospitals, sports clubs etc. Overall, all the above 5 areas are good. However, based on ones requirement and interests, one should choose smartly from the above 5 places. There are other areas that you can explore, but we would recommend anything outside the above 5 places only if you have limited budget. The other options would be : Lokhandwala(Andheri(w)), Santacruz(w), Goregaon(e), Khar(Navi Mumbai), Worli.
Video: Top Expat Localities in Mumbai
- Cost of Living in Mumbai
- Top Bachelor Friendly Locations to Live in Mumbai
- Comparing Cost of Living in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai
Like and Share this Article!!