Stretching right along the Arabian Sea on its west, Mumbai has got ample number of beautiful Beaches both for family types and for the younger generation. All the beaches in mumbai are famous for the tangy and spicy chats. We will also get coconut water to drench our thirst. Some of them even have water sports. However, one amenity common to all the beaches is a beautiful sunset. No wonder, the best time to visit them is in the evening, around 6 pm. The fresh and nice breeze will make you feel just wonderful.
1. Girgaum Chowpatty Beach: This one tops my list for number of reasons. Number one being the location. It is situated just 5 minutes from Charni Road station on the western line. The crowd is awesome and there is no restriction to the time you can go there. Ample number of eating options makes it even more of a favourite. It is also well maintained and is relatively clean. Top choice for family beach outing and is not lesser of a choice for youngsters too. Those looking for water and adventure sports can experience a thrilling adventure with H2O water sports (founded by famous Bollywood star Sunil Shetty) located on Girgaum Chowpatty. During Ganesh Chaturthi, the beach becomes the hub for immersion of the Idols.
|Girgaum Chowpatty Beach|
2. Juhu Beach : Juhu beach is one of the famous beaches of mumbai and finds a spot in the list of must visit places of tourists visiting here. Although, there is a need for better maintenance of the beach, it still is a favourite tourist spot since decades. Famous actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar, The Deol’s, Raveena Tandon, Hritik Roshan, Shabana Azmi, Ajay Devgan, Rani Mukherji, Dimple Kapadia to name a few live in the vicinity of Juhu beach. Iskon temple is also situated very close to this beach. A recent feather in its cap was the introduction of Sea Planes running from Juhu Beach to destinations like Lonavala and Mahabaleshwar. Closest Station would be Andheri on the western line.
3. Marine Drive: Though not a beach in a real sense, but it is definitely a kind of a rocky sea shore located further south of the Girgaum Chowpatty. It is also called the ‘Queens Necklace’ and is pride of Mumbai. Sitting on the Edge of Marine Drive and watching the skyline with tall skyscrapers just makes your day. Rejuvenated and filled with energy after visiting here, you will be rightly charged to go for the rest of the week. Famous Hotels like Taj Mahal and Oberoi are just around the corner from here. Come here any evening and you will see a large number of locals enjoying their daily Jog in the fresh breeze. The best way to reach Marine Drive would be to go to Marine Lines or Churchgate station on the western line and then a 1km drive from there.
4. Aksa Beach: One of the cleanest beach in the city and the reason being less number of people visiting this beach. Located close to Malad in the western line, this beach is slowly drawing visitors in the form of college groups and teenagers for its location and calm. Visitors are advised to be at safe as the water currents are strong here.
5. Gorai Beach: Located in the northwestern part of the city, this beach is not very crowded and is comparatively clean. A nice place to unwind and enjoy a dip in water. There are a lot of resorts for people looking for a extended outing. Gorai beach can be reached from Bhayander station on western Line.
Intro Image Credit: Pixabay.com